CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 3, 2010

My first post.

Just got back from a weekend in Bawlmere, hon.
We participated in the National Alliance for Mental Illness, or NAMI walkathon and my team LexiForge raised $341 towards the charity!
We walked the Druid hills park lake with the sun pounding down on us but we had our matching shirts on and rocked it out. Too bad we were too tired to see the zoo afterwards.
The NAMI walks are a great way to promote awareness of mental health issues and to eliminate the stigma behind an individual's condition.
It was especially important to me because of my own and some of my relatives battles with diagnosises from bipolar disorder to depression.


My boyfriend and my mother walked hand in hand with me and we were nicknamed the cute trio.

0 comments:

Post a Comment